In this moment...

In any moment....you can...."Come Home"......

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Who you See Yourself As

It seems that most of our life is about finding out who we are or deciding who we are...of establishing who we are, of deciding who we want to be or don't want to be.  From the time we are very young, we begin framing our "who we think we are", who we are afraid we might be and how we feel about all of those pieces.

After childhood, we then go through changes of roles, relationships and what they mean to us as to who we perceive we are.  We hear about being the "victim" and being the "survivor".  We want to be the hero or the winner.  There are many roles and attitudes that can go with those roles.

So.......do we choose who we are?  Are we conditioned by our families of origin and our childhood to think certain ways about who we are?  And then can we change all that if we choose to?

What haopens when we feel we have been terribly misunderstood or misjudged?  We feel they "they" have not really seen "who we are".

I think that with some thought you will see that almost all our development, our growth, centers around this idea of "who we are".

When I spoke of the streams of consiousness in the last piece, I was addressing part of this.

There is in truth, a reality of who we are.  Each of us.  And we didn't make it up or become it by some magical rite or background.  It us not based on your family, your occupation, your roles, your desures or abiities, or your education. Who you really are is universal, eternal and needs no defense.  You are not your thoughts.

You are not what you eat. :)

Your are not your behaviors.

You are not your victories or failures.

You are not your emotions.

You are not your apparent weaknesses or strenghts in this body and time space reality.

You are more....
look at the beauty of the leaves on a fall afternoon with the graceful swaying of the trees and be in that moment...As you are in the moment, you are being who you are...life, in this moment.

Now, many cannot accept this very easily so I will say like this, Who you are is more like your grandest version of yourself.  You are like God...you are, in fact, God...but not all of God. " Home "that I speak of when I say," come home" is to that divine spark, the Christ within, the Atman or the Self as it is called in the East.  It is paradoxically you and yet greater than you at the same time. You are beautiful...complete, whole, powerful, generous, full of joy and peace of mind.  You are invincible.  You are kind and full of love.  You have no wants for the fullness of life is yours...is you.

I know, often, you do not feel this way.  And when you do not, you have moved away from the perfect whole that is you.  When you divide yourself like that, it is uncomfortable and then you suffer.  When you are aligned with the truth you feel wonderful....our emotions can be a good guide as to where we are locating ourselves at any given moment.

Remember...the road back home is always forgiveness.  It will not end there but it begins there.  It is the bridge from where ever you have found yourself....who you have acted like you thought you were ... ....back to "Home Base"..............where you have always been and will always be perfect and whole and eternal.  You have only been believing an illusion,

 Freedom is found in forgiveness.  The greater awarenss you can have of forgiveness daily, the greater your sense of personal freedom.  Forgiveness releases the impact of the past (even just minutes before) and receives this moment fresh and new.  Forgiveness opens our ability to live in the NOW.

You can argue with who you are.... the universe won't argue back, it will wait...until, if need be, to the time you leave your physical body behind...and then you will "know" it is true.  The truth is the truth and the sooner we align ourselves with it...the greater our harmony in living life.

Just try thinking about it...try saying it...

I am beautiful.  I am whole...  I am perfect.   I am forgiven, completely loved.  I am able and strong, and generous.  It is my nature to love without fear.  And you know what....

so are you !!!  "Beautiful and perfect too!  We are the same, you and I!!

Selah.....smile and breathe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment